Cold Salad Recipe - Pesto Couscous
Serve this delicious cold salad recipe with the accomplishment of your choice.
Ingredients : (all organic)
200g (1 cup) couscous
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup small button mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
Half bunch of spring onions
4 tablespoons green basil pesto
50g toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup sliced avocado
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 small red onion, finely chopped
Fresh basil, oregano/coriander, salt and pepper
1. Prepare the vegetables by chopping finely the red onion, slicing the mushrooms and halving the tomatoes.
2. Cook the couscous by bringing 400ml of water to the boil. Add the couscous, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute stirring continuously. Remove from heat and cover for 4 minutes. Uncover, add water and a knob of butter. Return to low heat for a further minute stirring with fork.
3. Stir in oil and pesto to couscous.
4. Tip in all the vegetables and tear up some basil leaves. Season to taste, toss lightly.
5. Scatter over toasted pine nuts.
Return from Cold Salad Recipe to Recipe Listing