How to make your own essential oils at home
Ever wanted to learn how to make your own essential oils at home?
With a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen cupboards you can be on your way to creating your own beautiful organic essential oils!
You can make essential oils from the plants, flowers and herbs you might already have in your garden. They may not be as potent as commercially produced oils but will certainly be a talking point among friends, economical and safe and pure to use on your skin.
What you need
- a base oil such as olive oil, jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
- Vitamin E capsules
- unbleached cheese cloth
- slow cooker or hot pot
I personally love to use sweet almond oil and it is easily found at your local health food store along with the vitamin E capsules.
How to make essential oil
- Mix 1/2 ounces (8 grams) of bulk herbs, flowers, leaves etc of your choice with 2 cups of base oil and stir.
- Add mixture to slow cooker and heat on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove mixture and strain through cheese cloth into clean bowl
- Place liquid into clean sterilized jar
- Label it with date and type of oil. That's it!
TIP:Keep in cool dark spot away from direct sunlight as it will then have a shelf life of approximately 6 months.
You can now safely use your unique blend of home made essential oils on your skin for massage, skin care and more. I bet you thought you could never make your own essential oils so easily! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
"I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers" Claude Monet
Would you like 7 Free Natural Health Reports?
Return from Make your own essential oils